Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Visions & Collisions - 21st Century

I came across The Propaganda Remix Project while researching for Web assignment #6. The Propaganda Remix Project is artist Micah Wright's rendition of WWI propaganda posters "with political commentary to deliver a scabrous take on the State of the Union."

Although I do not share all of Wright's views on politics, I believe that the collisions of these visions is necessary in order for democracy to thrive. I do respect both his freedom of speech and clear artistic talent.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger H. McLure said...

Megan, that is a great site, and very relevant to the discussion of Creel and the WWI posters -- thanks so much for bringing the link to our attention. I'll post the images that I found especially striking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page